Friday, March 16, 2012

Good Morning from Gulu!

I am currently writing this from a small, modest, hotel in Gulu, Uganda. For you to get a bit of a picture in your mind, it is more like a motel back in Canada. One interesting feature is that in the bathroom, the toilet and the shower share the same space. There is no separate space for the shower. So the water runs on the floor right where the toilet is. It may be possible for me to save time by doing two things at once!

We had a great day of training yesterday with 15 students from Gulu University. We gave them vision for reaching their school, country, and the world, and then did practical training on how to build a spiritual movement, how to be a leader in a spiritual movement, and how to plan (what activities to prioritize) for a spiritual movement. I am again humbled by the opportunity God has given me to train and mobilze future leaders of Uganda. If Uganda is going to be transformed by the gospel, it is not because I will have a large event and preach to thousands. Uganda will be transformed as Godly leaders are raised up and sent into the society to change it themselves. 

These students here are very excited and so thankful for our visit. I only wish we could do more to help them. 

At the hotel we are staying at, for some reason there were people working outside all through the night. This meant I did not get a good sleep. I woke up a bit tired and cranky, but thankfully I went to God's Word and read from 2 Corinthians 4:7, "But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." I am just a jar of clay - weak, with not much value in and of myself - but I have this treasure, namely Christ, within me. This gives me strength to move forward and make a difference. 

Thanks for your partnership with us as we help accelerate the fulfillment of the Great Commission and societal transformation in Uganda and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We'd love to hear from you!